Thursday, June 01, 2006

Trying to impress the lady

The peacocks pictured here provided quite a show right before I left the Mesker Zoo. I noticed that they both were displaying their feathers and prancing back and forth as well as ruffling some feathers at the base of te fan. Then I saw why: you can see (just barely) the presence of a female about 5 feet behind the peacock on the left. This part of the zoo had an exhibit that you could literally walk through - with only a wire fence on either side that would easily allow anyone to join the animals. After hearing the noises some peacocks were making up in the trees (I saw a peacock on top of a building earlier in the day), I don't think anyone would try such a thing as I assume the peacocks were sounding the alarm that I was walking along the Mesker-Zoo-sanctioned pathway. Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home