Friday, June 09, 2006

Destination: a granite obelisk in KY

Today I drove from OH to The Battle of Blue Licks National Monument Park, which is in Mt. Olivet, KY near Maysville, KY, but NOT in Blue Licks, KY.

I should have pictures to post, but I thought I'd be able to insert the memory card into the computer - a computer engineer who shall remain nameless - he knows who he is - told me I could do so, even though I said I didn't think the card was the correct size for the slot. So, I left my usb cable at home. You'll have to wait for shots until I get back to OH.

The drive was beautiful - particularly 68 West and 460 West, which I took to get to Louisville. The roads undulated through some of the most beautiful countryside I've seen. The greens were incredible. It's so amazing when you note the different ways nature defines color. A box of crayolas doesn't adequately capture the experience, but it's probably the closest analogy I can make.

I wish I had more energy to type, but I am hungry so I will end this post quickly. I hope to post more about the trip later tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home