Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Visit to the San Francisco Public Library and a Mission Dolores tease

Today I spent most of the day - 7 hrs - at the SFPL. I was working in the Government Information Center looking at materials related to the state parks. Then I spent most of the time in the San Francisco History Center. The first gentleman I spoke with wasn't very helpful - he was slightly helpful, so I'm justified in using "very" - but then I spoke with the woman who responded to my email queries, and she had a lot of ideas. I looked at some clippings files for Mission Dolores as well as some old San Francisco and Northern California tourist guides from the late 40s. She also suggested I stop by the AAA offices nearby, because there's an archive there. I think it's right on Van Ness as I recall seeing a very large AAA office on my walk down to Mission Dolores. By the time I got to Mission Dolores, it was closed, but I took some outside shots. The walk there was somewhat shady at times, but I felt reasonably safe. Carrying the video camera and digital camera and tripod made me feel a bit vulnerable, but the tripod's a definite weapon too.

Tomorrow's itinerary: back to the Mission!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home