Sunday, July 23, 2006

The top of Mount Saint Helena


Yesterday I hiked Mt. St. Helena (helleena). The temperature was over 100 degrees - probably nearer to 110 - and the hike is about 5 miles up - the first mile or so I was on the trail near the RLS monument - but the rest is a dirt, fire road that is long, long, long with very little shade. Luckily, I ran into another hiker, Douglas, who had a lot of water with him - preparing for a trip to the Sierra Nevada range with his son. So, I had some company. There's more to share about the hike, but I just wanted to post a few pictures. These aren't necessarily Lolita-related - although I would guess that VN may have hiked the mountain in search of butterflies - we saw a few and my fellow hiker thought they were red admirals?





I will post a picture of the monument at some point; I want to save my best pictures for the official On the Road with Lolita site.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home