Friday, August 11, 2006

Returned from Middlesboro, KY and Cumberland Gap, TN

I did not have internet access for several days, so that's why there were no updates to this site while I was actually ON THE ROAD. Overall, it was a great trip, and the area really grew on me. That said, I came a day earlier than originally planned to save on costs, because I accomplished enough during my visit. Amazing what no internet access will do for you. I also managed to see WTC for $1.50, but that's another story.

The drive down to Middlesboro, KY was easy until I hit some storms and major traffic congestion about 30 miles from 25E. Old 25 would have been the road HH drove, and I was tempted to take 25E from Cincinnati to the area, but I knew that would add time to my trip. I also figured I'd get a taste of it once off I 75.

The hotel I stayed at, the Best Western, was ok. I wish it had internet access. The town is overrun with fast food establishments; I was looking for a local place where I could get something to eat. I settled on the Waffle King for dinner. It's probably a local chain, but it felt better than a Ryan's or a Pizza Hut or a McDonald's.

There's a lot to tell about the trip, but I'm a bit hungry now that I've started writing about food, so I'll end this here. I'll post a picture in a moment in another post. More soon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home